Louisiana Craft Brewer Week (LACBW) is Sept. 17 to 23, and there will be many opportunities to celebrate the state's beer industry. Here are some of the most notable events this year.
Tuesday, Sept. 19
- Wood Pizza Bistro and Tap House. A beer and cheese pairing party begins at 6 p.m. and features brews from Gnarly Barley Brewing Company, Great Raft Brewing, NOLA Brewing Company and Port Orleans Brewing Company and cheeses from St. James Cheese Company.
- Freret Beer Room. A beer dinner features five courses paired with Urban South Brewing's Oktoberfest, Holy Roller IPA, Frieze Milkshake IPA and others. The dinner is at 6:30 p.m. and costs $50.
Wednesday, Sept. 20
- Courtyard Brewery. The latest Urban South beers, Frieze Milkshake IPA as well as Pineapple and Strawberry versions, will be on tap along with Courtyard's brews and other breweries' beers on tap.
- The Bulldog Mid-City. Pint night features the newest Port Orleans beer, Dorada, a Mexican lager.
Thursday, Sept. 21
- The Avenue Pub. There's a lineup of NOLA Brewing sour beers and other brews rarely found outside the brewery. Attendees can sample Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sourness, Darkest Before Dawn, Syncopation IPA and Just As Strange, a Berliner Weisse brewed with pink guava and mango.
Friday, Sept. 22
- Second Line Brewing. There's a Grain to Glass, Farm to Table Pig Roast from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. The menu includes locally raised pork fed with Second Line's spent grains.
- NOLA Brewing Tap Room. Pour Decisions, NOLA's annual specialty and one-off tap takeover featuring 20 unique beers not available any other time of year.
Saturday, Sept. 23
- NOLA On Tap - The week ends with the largest beer festival in the state, running from noon to 7 p.m. at the City Park Festival Grounds. It features more than 400 beers from regional and national brewers and attendees can taste a large variety of entries in the BJCP (Beer Judge Certification Program) homebrew competition. Admission is $5, and beers can be purchased with drink tickets bought online or at the festival.