• Keep a food journal: You may be shocked to realize how many calories you actually consume every day. A food journal helps you to see where to cut calories and keeps you accountable for your daily diet
• Pay attention to portion sizes: The amount of food, more than the types of food you eat, make a big difference when you are watching your waistline.
• When reading labels always check the calories: To find out how many calories your body needs to lose weight, contact a registered dietitian and set up an appointment for weight loss counseling!
• Exercise: The more you move, the more calories you burn. Every 10 minutes of consistent, moderate-intensity activity such as walking adds to your calorie burn throughout the day.
• Aim for 45-60 minutes of moderate-intensity activity 5-6 days per week to help maintain your weight loss.
To set up an appointment for weight loss nutrition counseling or a registered dietician at East Jefferson General Hospital, contact Rebecca Lee at (504) 454-4077.