The James Beard Foundation (www.jamesbeard.org) announced finalists for its prestigious annual culinary awards. There are many local nominees for national awards. They include:
• Donald Link for Outstanding Chef
• Kelly Fields of Willa Jean for Outstanding Pastry Chef
• JoAnn Clevinger of Upperline for Outstanding Restaurateur
• Zachary Engel of Shaya for Rising Star Chef of the Year
• Nina Compton of Compere Lapin, Slade Rushing of Brennan's New Orleans and Rebecca Wilcomb of Herbsaint for Best Chef: South
• Galatoire's for Outstanding Service
• Emeril's New Orleans for Outstanding Wine Service
• French 75 at Arnaud's Restaurant and Cure for Outstanding Bar Program
In the broadcast section of the awards, Emeril Lagasse's Eat the World with Emeril Lagasse is nominated for Outstanding Personality/Host and TV Program, on Location.
The winners will be announced May 1 in Chicago.