Open enrollment for health insurance through the Affordable Care Act (ACA) ends Feb. 15. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 137,142 people in Louisiana signed up for a 2015 health care plan through the ACA. Of those who enrolled, 88 percent signed up for a plan with financial assistance. Thirty-six percent were under age 35, and more than 40 percent had selected a plan for the first time.
The New Orleans Department of Health has enrolled more than 14,000 people through a series of sign-up events, the last of which will be held this month as open enrollment closes. Call (504) 206-6275 for help scheduling a sign-up appointment at one of the following locations:
• Ashe Cultural Arts Center (1712 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd.): 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Feb. 3 and Feb. 10.
• Propeller (4035 Washington Ave., Suite 105): 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Feb. 3.
• VAYLA (13235 Chef Menteur Highway): 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Feb. 4.
• New Orleans City Hall (1300 Perdido St., eighth floor, room 8E18): 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Feb. 5 and Feb. 12.
• East New Orleans Regional Library (5641 Read Blvd.): 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Feb. 7.