Tasting events are scheduled throughout the area during Louisiana Craft Brewer Week, a state-recognized celebration of established and new craft breweries. Below are some of the tastings and beer dinners scheduled through Sept. 23.
Saturday, Sept. 21
• Red White & Brew (120 E Thomas St., Hammond, 985-345-1211; www.redwhitebrew.com) hosts a sampling of a cask of Covington Brewhouse Pontchartrain Pilsner at 6 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 22
• Bayou Teche serves samples of Hop-Olousas IPA and Miel Sauvage, a barrel-aged honey beer, at The Avenue Pub (1732 St. Charles Ave., 504-586-9243; www.theavenuepub.com). Cajun jambalaya will be served. The event begins at 4 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 23
• NOLA Brewing and New Belgium release their collaboration, Swamp Grape Escape, at The Avenue Pub at 5 p.m.
• Local beer night at The Barley Oak (2101 Lakeshore Drive, Mandeville, 985-727-7420; www.thebarleyoak.com) features Covington Imperial Porter and Chafunkta's Chafunkta Sundae, which is Old 504 infused with cocoa nibs and cherries. There also are giveaways. The event begins at 7 p.m.
• Abita Pint Night begins at 7 p.m. and features specials on Abita draft at Buffalo Wild Wings (3434 Veterans Memorial Blvd., Metairie, 504-252-4606; www.buffalowildwings.com)
• Tin Roof Brewery opens a cask of Voodoo Bengal at The Bulldog in Mid-City (5135 Canal Blvd., 504-488-4180; bulldog-midcity.draftfreak.com) at 7 p.m.
• Two beers are featured at The Bulldog in Uptown (3236 Magazine St, 504-891-1516; www.bulldog.draftfreak.com). NOLA Brewing taps Swamp Grape Escape at 6 p.m., and at 8 p.m. there's a cask of Abita oak-aged Pecan Harvest.
• Capdeville (520 Capdeville St., 504-371-5161; www.capdevillenola.com) hosts a beer dinner pairing Bayou Teche beers with food beginning at 7 p.m. — NORA MCGUNNIGLE