Louisiana Craft Brewer Week (LACBW) runs through Sept. 23. Here are some of the notable events remaining in this year's schedule.
Tuesday, Sept. 19
• Wood Pizza Bistro and Taphouse (404 Andrew Higgins Drive, 504-281-4893; www.woodpizzaneworleans.com) hosts a beer and cheese pairing party at 6 p.m. There are brews from Gnarly Barley Brewing Company, Great Raft Brewing, NOLA Brewing Company and Port Orleans Brewing Company and cheeses from St. James Cheese Company.
• Freret Beer Room (5018 Freret St., 504-298-7468; www.freretbeerroom.com) serves a five-course beer dinner including Urban South Brewery's Oktoberfest, Holy Roller IPA, Frieze Milkshake IPA and others. The dinner is at 6:30 p.m. and costs $50.
Wednesday, Sept. 20
•Courtyard Brewery (1020 Erato St.; www.courtyardbrewing.com) devotes some of its taps to other breweries' beers, including the latest Urban South beers, such as Frieze Milkshake IPA and versions of it made with pineapple and strawberries.
• The Bulldog Mid-City's (5135 Canal Blvd., 504-488-4180; www.draftfreak.com/bulldog-midcity) pint night features the newest beer from Port Orleans Brewing, Dorada Especial, a Mexican lager.
Thursday, Sept. 21
• The Avenue Pub (1732 St. Charles Ave., 504-586-9243; www.theavenuepub.com) offers a lineup of NOLA Brewing sour beers. Attendees can sample Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sourness, Darkest Before Dawn, Syncopation IPA and Just as Strange, a Berliner Weisse brewed with pink guava and mango.
Friday, Sept. 22
• Second Line Brewing (433 N. Bernadotte St., 504-248-8979; www.secondlinebrewing.com) holds a Grain to Glass, Farm to Table pig roast from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. The menu includes pork fed with Second Line's spent grains.
• NOLA Brewing (3001 Tchoupitoulas St., 504-896-9996; www.nolabrewing.com) hosts Pour Decisions, an annual tap takeover featuring 20 beers not available any other time of year.
Saturday, Sept. 23
• The week ends with NOLA on Tap (www.nolaontap.org) — see "Plate Dates," p. 41.