Last Updated on April 19, 2014
The website bestofneworleans.com may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those sites.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE GATHER ABOUT YOU?
The information we gather falls into two categories: 1) Personal information, which includes personal information you supply when you subscribe, order, complete a survey, register for one of our sites, enter a contest or provide your e-mail address and 2) Non-personal information collected through technology, which includes tracking information collected as you use our services.
Personal Information That You Give Us
Billing and Credit Card Information
To enable payment and donations on bestofneworleans.com, we collect and store name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card information and other billing information. This information will only be shared with third parties who perform tasks required to complete the purchase transaction. Examples of this include fulfilling orders and processing credit card payments.
User Generated Content and Public Activities
Contests, Sweepstakes and Special Offers
Gambit Communications collects personal information from you in connection with optional sweepstakes, contests or special offers. If this information is also being collected by a third party other than Gambit Communications, we will notify you at the same time. If you do not want any personal information shared, you may always decline to participate in the sweepstakes, contest or special offer.
Reader Surveys, Reader Panels and Market Research
Gambit Communications may collect personal information from you in connection with voluntary surveys. Data may be collected through the bestofneworleans.com, on the phone or through the mail. The information you provide in response to optional survey questions may be shared, but only in the aggregate, with advertisers and partners unless we notify you otherwise at the time of collection.
Special Events and Promotions
Non-Personal Information Collected Using Technology
Information Collected by Us Using Technology
We use various Internet technologies to manage our website and track use of our services. Non-personal information that we collect using these technologies may be combined with other information about you.
Device Information. We may collect non-personal information about the computer, mobile device or other device you use to access the bestofneworleans .com website, such as IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other transactional information.
Cookies, Beacons, Local Storage and Other Similar Technologies. In providing services through bestofneworleans.com, we use "cookies," Web beacons, HTML5 local storage and other similar technologies to manage access to and use of the Services, recognize you and provide personalization, as well as to help us understand where our visitors are going and how much time they spend there. You will not be able to access certain areas of our website if your computer does not accept cookies from us. Through your browser preferences, if your browser so permits, you are free to decline our cookies, but in doing so may be excluded from some of our Websites' features. bestofneworleans.com transmits non-personally identifiable Web site usage information about visitors to the servers of a reputable third party for the purpose of targeting its Internet banner advertisements on other sites. To do this, we use Web Beacons in conjunction with cookies provided by our third-party ad server on this site. For more information about our third-party ad server, or to learn your choices about not having this non-personal information used to target ads to you, please cick here http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
IP Addresses. Gambit Communications logs Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, or the location of your computer on the Internet, for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. We use this information in an aggregate fashion to track access to our Web sites and mobile applications.
Log Files and Your Reading History. We automatically log certain usage information about your use of bestofneworleans.com. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view.
Location Information. Some of our mobile applications can deliver content based on your current location if you choose to enable that feature of the app. If you enable the location-based feature, your current location will be stored locally on your device, which will then be used by the app. If you elect to have a location-based search saved to your history, we will store that information on our servers. If you do not enable the location-based service, or if an app does not have that feature, the app will not transmit to us, and we will not collect or store, location information. Ads may be displayed within our apps. The ads you see are not targeted to you based on your current GPS location, but they may be targeted to you based on your device's IP address or ZIP code.
Information Collected by Third Parties Using Technology
2) If you would like to opt-out of having interest-based information collected during your visits to this or other sites, click here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/what-are-my-options
Your access to our website should not be affected if you do not accept cookies served by third parties.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER ABOUT YOU?
Providing the Services You Request
We use the information we gather about you to enable your use of the bestofneworleans.com services, fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling you to participate in and renew paid services, polls, contests, and message boards.
We perform statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of users of the bestofneworleans.com services, and their subscribing and purchasing patterns, for product development purposes and to generally inform advertisers about the nature of our subscriber base. We use this information for analysis purposes, including analysis to improve customer relationships.
Customizing Your Experience
We use the information that we collect to allow advertising to be targeted to the users for whom such advertising is most pertinent. We also use this information to customize certain features of the bestofneworleans.com services to provide you with an enhanced experienced based on the type of device you are using to access the bestofneworleans.com services, and in certain cases, provide you with requested services.
We may use demographic and preference information to allow advertising on the bestofneworleans.com website to be targeted to the users for whom they are most pertinent. This means users see advertising that is most likely to interest them, and advertisers send their messages to people who are most likely to be receptive, improving both the viewer's experience and the effectiveness of the ads. We disclose information to third parties only in aggregate or de-identified form.
Gambit Communications will periodically send you e-mail newsletters or promotional e-mail about services offered by Gambit Communications and its advertisers. For details about Gambit Communications e-mail, please see the section labeled "What Is Our E-Mail Policy?"
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION THAT WE GATHER?
1. Personally identifiable information.If you sign up for an account with us, then we may use your personally identifiable information to maintain your account and to correspond with you. We may also use it to send you our newsletter, but only if you check the box requesting that service. If you enter one of our contests, then we may use your personally identifiable information for purposes of the contest (such as to notify you if you win) and/or in accordance with the contest rules. We may also provide your personally identifiable information to the sponsor(s) of the contest, publish information concerning the winner of the contest, and/or for any other lawful purposes. If you e-mail us, submit a letter to us, or ask to be placed on a mailing list that we maintain, then we may contact you and send information to you. If you register to purchase merchandise through this website, then we may use your personally identifiable information to maintain your account and/or process your order. If we receive your personally identifiable information from a third party service provider, such as from the company which operates our online Classifieds, then we may use the information to contact you and to assist in performing the service for which you have registered with the third party. In addition to the uses listed above, we may use your personally identifiable information to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, as part of a statistical website usage analysis, and/or to improve the features and content of this website. We may also use your personally identifiable information to assist in delivery of content that is customized to your interests. We do not collect personally identifiable information on an automatic basis, but we may combine non-personal information (which may be automatically collected) with your previously submitted personally identifiable information. We may also use your personally identifiable information as set forth elsewhere in this Privacy Statement.
2. Non-personal information. We may use your non-personal information to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, as part of a statistical website usage analysis, to improve the features and content of this website, and/or for other purposes to assist our business. We may share such information with advertisers and other third parties, typically in the aggregate. We may also use your non-personal information as set forth elsewhere in this Privacy Statement.
3. Links from the Site to advertisers and other third parties. Please be aware that Gambit Communications’ advertisers, business partners, sponsors, service providers and other third parties accessible through the Site (such as via links from this Site and/or framed on this Site) may have their own privacy practices. Gambit Communications is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of the third parties when providing information to them. These third parties, such as the providers of the classified ads, personal ads, ticketing sites and blogs accessible through this Site, may provide the personally identifiable information that they collect to Gambit Communications and may also use the information in accordance with their own privacy practices. Financial institutions, such as those which process credit card orders, are subject to federal privacy laws.
4. Other third parties. During the course of its business, Gambit Communications uses third party service providers, such as lawyers and accountants, to perform a variety of functions. In some instances, Gambit Communications may need to provide personal and/or non-personal information about you to such third parties. However, all third party service providers which are not linked from the Site are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any purpose other than for which they were selected to work with Gambit Communications.
5. Public forum. If you submit a comment, letter to the editor, personal ad, email, blog entry, forum entry or similar submission, the information in your submission may be published to the general public. Please exercise caution when making such submissions. Please note that most such submissions are not reviewed prior to publication. We will not be responsible to read or respond to any requests for privacy or confidentiality that are included with the submission or at any time.
WHAT IS OUR E-MAIL POLICY?
Gambit Communications complies fully with the federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003. We will not share, sell, rent, swap or authorize any third party to use your e-mail address for commercial purposes without your permission. If you feel you have received an e-mail from us in error, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
E-Mail Newsletters. Gambit Communications offers several e-mail newsletters. If you no longer wish to receive a specific newsletter, follow the "unsubscribe" instructions located near the bottom of each newsletter. To manage your bestofneworleans.com e-mail preferences, please click on the link at the bottom of the newsletter or email email@example.com.
Promotional E-Mail. Gambit Communications may periodically e-mail you messages about products and services that we think may be of interest to you. You can choose not to receive messages in the future by either (1) following the "unsubscribe" instructions located near the bottom of each e-mail, or (2) you can opt-out.
From time to time, Gambit Communications may obtain e-mail addresses from third party sources to be used for promotional e-mails. You can choose not to receive messages in the future by either (1) following the "unsubscribe" instructions located near the bottom of each e-mail, or (2) you can opt-out.
Survey E-Mail. We may send you an e-mail inviting you to participate in user surveys, asking for feedback on bestofneworleans.com and existing or prospective products and services, as well as information to better understand our users. User surveys greatly help us to improve our services, and any information we obtain in such surveys will not be shared with third parties, except in aggregate form.
HTML E-Mail. When you sign up to receive e-mail from us, you can select either plain text or HTML (with images) format. If you select the HTML format, we may place a one-pixel gif to determine whether or not readers viewed the e-mail. This process does not leave any information on your computer, nor does it collect information from your computer.
E-Mails From You. If you send us e-mails, you should be aware that information disclosed in e-mails may not be secure or encrypted and thus may be available to others. We suggest that you exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal or confidential information in e-mails. We will use your e-mail address to respond directly to your questions or comments.
HOW DO I CHANGE OR UPDATE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You may change your online account information with Gambit Communications at any time by accessing your account through the Site (if you forgot your password, follow the instructions on the login page). We have no obligation to change or permit you to access any other information that you have submitted to Gambit Communications or we have collected. Nor do we have any obligation to limit our uses of such information other than as set forth in this Privacy Statement. To change the information that you submitted to third party service providers, such as in conjunction with personal ads, classified ads or blogs, please contact the service provider. Their policies will dictate the extent to which you can access or change the information that they have collected about you.
HOW DO I OPT-OUT FROM RECEIVING PROMOTIONAL OFFERS?
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive e-mail solicitations originated by Gambit Communications, or if you prefer that we do not share this information with third parties for marketing purposes, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail or Telephone Promotions
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive mail or telephone solicitations originated by Gambit Communications, or if you prefer that we do not share this information with third parties for marketing purposes, please e-mail us at email@example.com or write to us at 3923 Bienville St., New Orleans, Louisiana, 70119
IS MY INFORMATION PROTECTED?
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures that we believe are appropriate to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. Please note that we cannot guaranty the security of our databases or Site; nor can we guaranty that information will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In order to use some of the features of this Site, you may be required to create an account with us. For your protection, this account will only be accessible by means of a password or similar security measure. If you believe that your password or email address has been compromised, you should change your account with us immediately. If you forget your password, follow the instructions on the login page.
Compliance With Legal Process
We may disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law or we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend our rights and property; (3) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the bestofneworleans.com services; or (4) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
This Site is not intended for the use of children under the age of 18, and Gambit Communications does not solicit or anticipate correspondence or Site visits from such children. If you are a child under the age of 13 that intends to submit information to Gambit Communications through this Site, you must obtain your parent's consent prior to making such submission. In the event that Gambit Communications obtains actual knowledge that you are a child under the age of 13, Gambit Communications may require that you (and/or your parent) prove to us your prior parental consent.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under the California “Shine The Light” law, California residents may opt-out of the Gambit Communications’ disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. As detailed above, you may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org submitting a request in writing to us at 3923 Bienville St., New Orleans, Louisiana, 70119. It is important to note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosures made for non-marketing purposes.
Changes to This Policy