1. It's a "good" saturated fat that protects against heart disease, cancer, diabetes and some degenerative diseases.
2. Coconut oil is a natural antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and antiprotozoal that strengthens the immune system and fights diseases.
3. Pure coconut oil is creamy and can be used to moisturize and strengthen skin and hair.
4. This low-calorie fat helps promote weight loss.
5. It helps ward off heart disease by killing free radicals, protecting against viruses and allowing arterial walls to heal.
6. Coconut oil is used in hospital and infant formulas because it promotes digestion and nutrient absorption as well as soothing inflammation, making it useful for patients with conditions such as Crohns disease and ulcerative colitis.
7. Lauric acids in coconut oil kill viruses including HIV, herpes simplex, influenza, leukemia pneumono, hepatitis C and measles as well as bacteria including Chlamydia, Listeria, streptococcus and others.
8. It guards against osteoporosis by helping with the absorption of calcium, magnesium and amino acids.
9. It's beneficial to people who have had their gall bladders removed because it helps digest fats.
10. Because it is plant-derived, it is more stable than other oils and doesn't go rancid.
Source: The Coconut Miracle by Bruce Fife, a certified nutritionist and doctor of naturopathic medicine