Cheese shop St. James Cheese Co. opened Dec. 22 in the Warehouse District.
Richard and Danielle Sutton opened a second location of their cheese shop, St. James Cheese Co.
(5004 Prytania St., 504-899-4737), in the Warehouse District (641 Tchoupitoulas St.,504-304-1485) Dec. 22.
The lofty, industrial space includes table and bar seating, a cheese display case and shelves stocked with olives, crackers, Raclette grills, specialty salts and more.
Special to this location is a cheese bar, where the staff dole out samples and “bites," tastes of cheese paired with ingredients to highlight the cheese's qualities. This could include a Pointe Reyes Bay Blue paired with pineapple and mint on a ginger snap or Wisconsin chevre coupled with lemon curd, tarragon, black lava salt on black pepper flatbread. The bites are two per $3 order.
Mix and match cheese and charcuterie boards features choices of three ($12.50), five ($17.50), seven ($23.50) or 10 ($30) items. The shop also offers craft beers and wine.
For now, the store is stocking cheese, wine, beer and retail items. It is open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Dec. 24 and closed Dec. 25. When the store reopens on Dec. 29 it will roll out offer a full menu of sandwiches and small plates.
The Suttons also are partners at Continental Provisions, the grab-and-go cheese, charcuterie and sandwich counter in the French Market.
For more information, visit the St. James Cheese Co. website.