We Live to Eat restaurant week kicks off today and runs through Sunday, offering dozens of two-course, $20 lunches and three-course, $39 dinners at some of the city's fanciest spots. Here are five best bets for making the most of this limited opportunity:
1. Dominique's on Magazine: Head to Dominique's for the kind of luxurious meal that is best enjoyed in a swanky courtyard lined with vertical herb gardens. (Don't worry, they have that, too.) Wagyu beef tartare, spice jerked pork chop and passionfruit panna cotta are all top notch dinner options.
2. La Provence: This rustic French restaurant might be a bit of a drive, but it's worth every bite. The three-course offerings include chilled sweet corn soup, seared pork blade steak with grilled peaches and bourbon vanilla peaches with vanilla custard.
3. Domenica: Chilled heirloom tomato soup with pesto and red snapper with parsnip puree are both ready and waiting for your lunch or dinnertime enjoyment. If you head there for dinner, a tiramisu with chocolate espresso cookies rounds out the meal.
4. Tivoli and Lee: If you're searching for some highbrow spins on classic Southern fare, Tivoli and Lee is the place to go. From a pimento cheese appetizer offered during lunch, to an elaborate dinner poke salad and deviled eggs, this meal is sure to stick to your ribs.
5. Fountain Lounge: Often overshadowed by nearby spots and its grand environs, Fountain Lounge has a particularly interesting menu for We Live to Eat, most notably vadouvan spiced carrot cake with carrot gelato and a carrot macaroon.
For the full list of dining options, click here.