We've been hearing about more benefits for Nathanial Zimet, the chef of Boucherie who was shot early Sunday morning near his Uptown home. Let's start with today, May 26:
• Pizza Delicious will donate 20% of its sales and 100% of its tips from tonight and Sunday to the Nathanial Zimet Fund at Capitol One bank.
• Frank Brigtsen of Brigtsen's Restaurant will donate 100% of all bottled wine sales from tonight's dinner to the fund. "It's the best way to help," Brigtsen says. "I can write out a check Friday morning."
In coming days:
• Jeremy Labadie, the beer blogger known as The Beer Buddha, is organizing a beer tasting to benefit Zimet. Kristina Bradford of Whole Foods Market says the market will be providing some food and a gift basket.
• BooKoo BBQ (inside Finn McCool's) will be donating a portion of sales this Saturday.
• Howlin' Wolf in the Warehouse District will be holding "Beasts, Booze and Brass," a food-and-drink-and-music fundraiser, on July 10.
• Taceaux Loceaux will be donating a portion of all sales from their taceaux truck through the weekend (they'll be at 45 Tchoup tonight).
• And, of course, going to eat at Boucherie would be a great help. Bookmark the restaurant's Facebook page for all the latest. If you want to help with any of these benefits, this email address has been set up specifically for that purpose.
If you know of any other fundraisers, hit us up in the comments.