All eyes will be on ABCs 20/20 tonight, as Alaska governor and Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin continues fielding her first questions from a real news source (other than the hard-hitting folks at People magazine, that is). With apologies to Maureen Dowd, here are six subjects that I hope Charlie Gibson was bold enough to broach head-on:
- Do you disagree that even the most cursory sex education might have deferred the pregnancy of your daughter and millions of other teen mothers like her?
- How do you reconcile your running mates appearance yesterday at a forum on public service, weeks after you, Rudy Giuliani and an arena full of supporters openly mocked the importance of community organizers?
- If Alaska Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan had indeed fired state trooper Mike Wooten as your office purportedly pressured him to do would Monegan still have lost his job in June?
- Once and for all, is it or is it not true that you supported the Bridge to Nowhere project before opposing it, and then kept the appropriations from Congress for use in other statewide projects?
- For what reason did you endorse Steve Forbes, and not your current running mate, in the 2000 presidential election?