In which I take all the best news, quotes, pictures and everything else Saints-related toss it together and serve it up for our readers. This weeks match up: the Saints play their third preseason game tomorrow night against the Cincinatti Bengals who are missing some key players because of injuries and outstanding warrants (not really). Follow me after the jump for all you need to know about this weeks game.
- Best reason to care about this game: To see if the defense will be as bad as they were last week against the Texans. If they are, whoa, is this team in trouble. That's because the Bengals are playing without their stud wide receivers and you would like to think that means the Saints cornerbacks have an advantage. If they do play well, don't get too excited. The Saints D's biggest advantage may be that it's not playing are home.
- Best Quote of the Week: "He's a real good player ... and he brings somethign to the table we don't have. He's one of the only guys who has a Super Bowl ring. This is going to be the year that we all redeem ourselves. We're all getting better. He's getting better ... we're getting better." Mike McKenzie talking to ChicksintheHuddle.com about Jason David.
- Best Place to Watch the Game: Saturday night and the Saints. What could possibly go wrong? Actually, if you think about it, pre-season football is the best pre-game ever. You can start drinking early, can stop paying attention after the first half, and still have a whole night of questionable decisions to be made. Let's kick off this night with a fury. Let get it started with Ms. Mae's.
- Best Game-Related Storyline to Follow: Jason David. Toast. Goat. Expletive. Can he suddenly bounce back and have a good, if not solid, game? Relegated to the scout team this past week, David's chance may have come and gone. I, for one, would love to see him make it until the Saints next home game. If only to get video of Saints fans booing in the first quarter.
- Best Non-Game-Related Storyline to Follow: President Bush is in New Orleans while Fay makes her way up Florida? This could get interesting. And by interesting I mean FUBAR.
- Best Player to Watch out For: Mike McKenzie. Only full-speed action will tell us if McKenzie's knee is back to 100%. The last thing Saints fans want to see at this point is a replay analysis of when Mike came up lame as the Bengals scored a touchdown.
- Best Local Band to Listen to Before/After Game: Twangorama. Because tomorrow night could end up being that crazy. If the Saint's D gives up more then 17 points, that is.
- Best Yard Sign: There's no question: