It's been a couple of days now since the Birdman resigned with the Hornets and, despite not playing since he inked his new deal, Chris Andersen sure has a lot more ink to show off (tattoo pun!). All the details, plus more photos can be found on the ESPN the Magazine blog.
Just a couple of extra notes that don't appear in the ESPN article:
- Despite his refusal to smile in any photo I took of him, Birdman was affable, entertaining and, most of all, patient with me.
- He said he wants to get a tattoo on his bottom lip that read "BAMF" (Bad Ass Mother er, you get the picture) and then had to tell me he was joking.
- I learned you can't take everything he says too seriously. It's great to see that, despite his past transgressions, he's kept a positive outlook on things.
- Check out this video of Anderson at the 2004 dunk contest to get a sense of how much work he's done on himself since he entered the league.
- "It hurt like a son of bean mother fredo pie" is the greatest thing I've heard an athlete say ever.