by Kevin Allman
As The Times-Picayune prepares to give way to the newly formed NOLA Media Group, employees are getting ready for individual meetings starting on Tuesday, at which the company is expected to tender a job offer ... or not. (Catch up on all our Times-Picayune coverage here.)
Some employees gathered last night at Ralph's on the Park for drinks — the Ralph Brennan Restaurant Group is offering "Save the Picayune" cocktails at each of its restaurants, with a portion of drink sales being set aside for employees who may find themselves out of a job.
Others have taken out their frustrations in a more interesting way: by decorating the paper's newsroom with pithily captioned images of Ed Asner as Lou Grant:
• "What the hell is an 'enhanced' newspaper?"
• "What the hell is a 'robust' Web site anyway?"
• "How exactly do we do more with less?"
• "Fewer ad dollars, huh? What about a paywall?"
• "A 3-day-a-week newspaper in New Orleans? When did Ted Baxter become an executive at Advance Publications?"